Residing in Mumbai can leave one feeling trapped, tired and helpless because of the piling pressure and hustle-bustle of everyday life. Allow yourself to relish the simple pleasures of life as you treat yourself to the fantastic ‘God-Made’ views which have been made available through the man-made roads of today.
Regardless of it being a day off, a weekend, or a week off, you always have outstanding options to travel- around when living in Mumbai owing to the amazing location of the place. There are several available options for short car road-trips from Mumbai.
As you think of planning your weekend getaways from Mumbai with friends, let us do our bit and help you with some of the best road-trip locations around Mumbai. These are listed all-together to help you revitalize from the maddening life of metropolitan.
1. Kashid Beach:
125 km from Mumbai is where you’ll find a picturesque beach called Kashid beach. This abundantly stretched coastline has a varied landscape that comprises of cliffs, rocks, and white sand.
Kashid has quiet spots, and ample space to offer to plant your tent and stargaze by the campfire. It also provides some water sports to pump up your adrenaline rush.
Undoubtedly, Kashid is a complete getaway package, but the primary reason for its immense popularity is that it sits right in the middle of Mumbai and Pune. Proximity to two major metropolitan cities makes it an ideal weekend getaway destination for road trips from Mumbai.
- The distance between Mumbai to Kashid Beach: 170 km
- Time taken: Approximately 4 hours 30 minutes
- Places around Kashid Beach: Phansad wild-life sanctuary, Revdanda fort, Korlai fort, Alibaug beach, Murud-Janjira fort.
- Things to do at Kashid Beach: Horse riding, Trekking, parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling, banana boat riding, camping and more.
Imagine a road trip to a destination that is automobile-free that is just what the drive from Mumbai to Matheran is. The first automobile-free hill station of India has quite to boast of including spectacular views, impeccable weathers and the good roads. Falling among the famous road trips around Mumbai, this trip to Matheran is sure to make to fall in love with nature.
Matheran is one of the best weekend getaways from Mumbai within 100 km. For any lovers of hills or peace, Matheran has a lot to offer. You can have a wholesome view of the Sahyadri mountain ranges. Places like Echo Point, Alexander Louisa Point, and Panorama Point are worth all the attention you can give.
- The distance between Mumbai to Matheran: 100 km
- Time taken: Approximately 2 hours 30 minutes
- Places around Matheran: Dodhani water falls, Chanderi Caves, Charlotte Lake, Louisa point, Kalavantin pinnacle, Irshalgad fort, Little chowk point, Porcupine point
- Things to do at Matheran: Trekking, rock climbing, hiking, rappelling
Every single wine lover in India has gorged into the beauty of Sula wines. That said, only a few passionate souls know that the vineyards also serve as an excellent destination for weekend road trips from Mumbai!
Sula Vineyards near Nashik, provide great space for just relaxing and basking into the smell of fresh grapes in the air. You can choose from a ton of activities to do – go for guided wine tasting tours, dance on grapes in the wide tubs, attend the magnanimous Sula Fest or just stay in one of the newly built suites named ‘Beyond.’
- The distance between Mumbai to Sula Vineyards: 100 km
- Time taken: Approximately 3 hours
- Places around Sula Vineyards: Zonkers adventure park, Coin Museum, Saraf Bazar, Trimbakeshwar Mahadev temple, Ram kund
- Things to do at Sula Vineyards: Wine tasting
Located approximately 126 km from Mumbai, Malshej Ghat is your gateway to paradise! It is indeed one of the most beautiful places to visit if you’re thinking about weekend getaways from Mumbai with family.
There are a ton of things to do in Malshej. The most famous of all places in the region is the Pimpalgaon Joga Dam, where you can reach in a few minutes from Malshej. The dam is renowned for its scenic beauty and the wide range of migratory birds that you can find here. In one glance, you can get to see Alpine Swift, Pine Crusted Cuckoo and pink flamingos.
- The distance between Mumbai to Malshej Ghat: 125 km
- Time taken: Approximately 3 hours
- Places around Malshej: Harish Chandragad fort, Malshej ghat, Pimpalgaon Joga dam
- Things to do at Malshej: Trekking, birdwatching, rock climbing
5.Karnala Bird Sanctuary:
Karnala is the closest of all places given here and sits at a distance of just 50 km from Mumbai. If you have a keen eye for birdwatching but also want some thrill in the form of rock climbing – Karnala is for you.
Karnala Bird Sanctuary is a protected wildlife park. It is home to over 222 species of birds which can be seen throughout the year. Most travelers highly recommend visiting the place early in the morning to see a broader range of birds.
Yes, life in Mumbai can get hectic and monotonous; but who cares about it when you have a road trip planned! It can get a bit tedious to decide which of the best long road trips from Mumbai should you go for. Here’s a little secret – choose any of the places listed here, because most of them are not densely crowded and will give you a rejuvenating experience anyhow.
Here’s another pro tip for you – the logistics of reaching these places can get a little tricky if you don’t own a spacious car. So, download the Beep app and get to choose from a ton of cab rental service providers in India! Happy traveling!